Dance and gymnastics is a great way for kids to get active and express themselves creatively! These confidence building programs improves self-esteem, strength, flexibility, balance and coordination.
As a Gymnastics Instructor, you will execute this program using your own experience and knowledge of gymnastics.
The Y offers youth programs for various ages, interests, and skill levels, so kids of all ages can learn and grow. Our goal is to provide a safe and encouraging environment for kids to build confidence and have fun!
Our sports programs keep kids active, teach friendly competition and introduce healthy practices for life. Sports and recreation at the Y create a healthy outlet for children to gain new skills, learn to work as a team and connect with positive role models — all in an inclusive environment.
This position is a seasonal position expected to start in May and end in August.
- Set up appropriate equipment at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled start of the event.
- Create content and curriculum using lesson plans to conduct classes in accordance with intended program.
- Provide demonstration for program participants in the areas of gymnastics, dance, sports, or other related activities.
- Supervise participants during program to ensure safe behavior and effective programming.
- Provide feedback to members and participants based upon progress and skillsets of individuals participating in the activity, sport, program, or class.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Have exclusive experience in the programs offered including gymnastics.
- Must be flexible to a schedule that may include early mornings, and weekends.
- Ability to work with children of all ages, supporting growth, managing positive behavior while maintaining a safe environment.
- Physically able to effectively speak, listen, and interact with participants.
Submit a resume for employment consideration.
Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an inclusive, nonprofit organization joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility. Strengthening community is our cause.
Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, income, race, sex, or sexual orientation has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We value an environment that fosters dignity, respect, fairness, and appreciation for all aspects and dimensions of diversity.