The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
At the Y, we believe the ability to swim is a critical life skill for every child, teen and adult. Our program pool caters to our members, participants and community with swim lessons, free swim and water fitness classes. Our commitment to safety requires a Lifeguard on duty at all times during Y operations.
We currently have an opening for a Lifeguard to join the Y Aquatics team. In this role, you will be responsible for the safety, well-being and enjoyment of the aquatic programs and facility for all participants. The Lifeguard is expected to interact with members and participants to create a friendly atmosphere, while ensuring all swimmers are in control in the swimming area.
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Must have current CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification, standard First Aid and a Lifeguard Certification
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Must maintain good health and fitness
- Must be able to swim 500 yards continuously during time of employment
- Provide a patient and efficient approach to communicating with participants and members
- Must love to swim!
Please attach your resume and certification to your application.
Benefits & Perks:
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with discounts on programming, camps, child care and fitness classes.
- Paid time off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with Y of the USA
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an inclusive, nonprofit organization joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility. Strengthening community is our cause.
Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, income, race, sex, or sexual orientation has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We value an environment that fosters dignity, respect, fairness, and appreciation for all aspects and dimensions of diversity.