The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Find your Y position today!
At the Y, we believe the ability to swim is a critical life skill for every child, teen and adult. Our program teaches the nationally recognized Y Progressive Swim Program, focusing on personal safety and growth opportunities, stroke development, rescue techniques and water sports and games. Our aquatics team plays a critical role in our Early Childhood Programs as well as our community and member programs.
We are currently seeking Full and Part-Time Water Safety Instructors to join the team! The Y will provide you with the training and skills necessary to develop your talent as a swim instruct, including CPR and First Aid Training.
Are you patient, friendly and a great swimmer? Join our growing team today!
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage high volume activities with children and adults
- Provide a patient and efficient approach to teaching
- Must love to swim!
Please attach your resume and certification to your application.
Benefits & Perks:
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with discounts on programming, camps, child care and fitness classes.
- Paid time off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with Y of the USA
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an inclusive, nonprofit organization joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility. Strengthening community is our cause.
Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, income, race, sex, or sexual orientation has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We value an environment that fosters dignity, respect, fairness, and appreciation for all aspects and dimensions of diversity.