** We are not currently hiring for this position but welcome you to submit your resume for when we resume hiring! If you have any questions you can reach out directly to Ryan Grey at email@example.com**
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This role will interact with new and existing members to help in achieving health and well-being goals, while creating a welcoming environment for all members of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Coach members in support of their desired behavior change. Regularly check on members’ progress in meeting personal and program goals.
- Answer questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living.
- Maintain working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Introduce new members to group exercise communities based their health and well-being goals.
- Utilizes tools and information for the purpose of increasing member knowledge of wellness as well as wellness programs provided through the YMCA (handouts, schedules, etc.).
- Conduct post-enrollment interviews to understand new members’ definition of well-being, personal goals, cultural background, healthcare needs, diverse abilities and interests and develops plans to meet their individual needs.
- Maintain cleanliness and mechanics of equipment according to the schedule or as requested by supervisor.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time staff
- Free individual membership for part-time staff and dependents up to age 12
- Program, camp and child care discounts and member benefits
- Paid time off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded Health Reimbursement Account (FT Only)
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance (FT Only)
- Short and Long-Term Disability (FT Only)
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with Y of the USA
- Supporting and becoming part of a strong community
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) (FT Only)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an inclusive, nonprofit organization joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility. Strengthening community is our cause.
Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, income, race, sex, or sexual orientation has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We value an environment that fosters dignity, respect, fairness, and appreciation for all aspects and dimensions of diversity.