Why the Y?
We are an inclusive, nonprofit organization joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility. Strengthening community is our cause.
At the Y, our Early Childhood Educators receive a competitive salary of up to $54,080.00*, for qualifying licensed lead teachers . With an onsite Social Worker to support the needs of your children and families, you’re able to focus on day-to-day curriculum.
Our staff receive the best benefits to ensure a healthy quality of work/life balance including:
- An in-service day each month for professional development, mental health, team meetings, and curriculum planning.
- Smaller classroom ratios
- Free membership to the Y, along with program and camp discounts!
- Medical Insurance with HRA, funded by the Y
- Dental and Vision along with Employee Assistance, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plans
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Professional Development
The Greater Burlington Y is hiring an Early Childhood Educator to support early learning for a preschool (3-5 year old) and two-year old for classroom. In this role, you’ll assist to create and implement a developmentally appropriate and stimulating environment through play and emergent curriculum.
- Work with co-teacher in developing and implementing a curriculum with appropriate activities for individual children’s cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development.
- Participate in planning and implementing weekly activities and classroom routines.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with families.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately as needed with parents to promote an understanding of each child’s day, growth, and development.
- Meet weekly to address classroom plans or issues.
- Assist in the supervision of all activities to always ensure the safety of each child.
- Work with the teachers to maintain a neat and organized classroom and assist in the maintenance of equipment and materials as needed.
- Assist at swim lessons, gym lessons, and on field trips as necessary.
- Communicate appropriate information to the classroom teachers and the director.
- Communicate child concerns with classroom teacher and/or director prior to notifying parents or guardians.
- Assist in maintaining all relevant state Child Care Licensing requirements.
- Must be 18 years of age
- At least one (1) year experience working with children ages 8 weeks to 5 years
- High School Diploma
Ability to pass a federal background check and state fingerprint check.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an inclusive, nonprofit organization joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility. Strengthening community is our cause.
Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, income, race, sex, or sexual orientation has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We value an environment that fosters dignity, respect, fairness, and appreciation for all aspects and dimensions of diversity.