The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
The Greater Burlington YMCA seeks to hire a Group Fitness Instructor to lead classes for our community. The ideal candidate(s) for this role will be able to lead group fitness classes, including indoor cycling, yoga, strength, and endurance based classes. Candidates applying for this role should be able to teach mid-day classes, late evening classes, and weekend classes. Multiple candidates may be hired for this role.
- Report to class at least ten minutes prior to scheduled start of class for required set-up.
- Conduct classes in accordance with prescribed style, guidelines and methods.
- Dress and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Count attendance at each class and record where appropriate.
- Make sure informed consent and medical history forms are completed by all class members prior to participation.
- Use appropriate certification guidelines when preparing class format.
- Be available after class for participant’s questions.
- Responsible for distributing YMCA participant evaluations to all class members and returning them to director when appropriate.
- Maintain all fitness certifications, CPR and First Aid during employment.
- Attend workshops, employee meetings, and/or trainings as required.
- Contact appropriate substitute instructors for your class in the event you are unable to teach.
- Reflect and display the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility toward other staff members as well as facility members and guests.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current adult CPR, AED and advanced First Aid certifications.
- Current YMCA Group Exercise Instructor certification or by a national certifying agency.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, members, and general public in a professional and effective manner.
- The employee is required to actively demonstrate fitness exercises appropriate for the population he/she is teaching.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with discounts on programming, camps, child care and fitness classes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The Greater Burlington YMCA is an inclusive, nonprofit organization joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility. Strengthening community is our cause.
Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, income, race, sex, or sexual orientation has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We value an environment that fosters dignity, respect, fairness, and appreciation for all aspects and dimensions of diversity.